According to Ayurveda, the main causes of allergies are the accumulation of toxins in the body as well as low immunity. If you want to stay healthy then adopting a great lifestyle is necessary.
What is Allergic Rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a health condition which causes nasal allergic conditions. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal, or perennial depends upon person to person.
What is the main cause of allergic Rhinitis?
The main cause of allergic rhinitis is allergens. When allergens come into contact with nose, ears or sinuses then the problem of rhinitis occurs. When these allergens reach the lining of the sinuses, the allergic rhinitis occurs.
What are the main symptoms of allergic rhinitis?
Sneezing, watery eyes, nasal congestion, nose, itchy eyes, throat irritation, and post nasal drip are some of the most common symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
Allergic Rhinitis Treatment in Ayurveda
- Consume plenty of fluids. Consume plenty of water throughout the day and stay hydrated.
- Consume a hearty lunch and have light dinner to enhance your immune system.
- Avoid heavy diet such as meat, nuts. Try to intake light diet.
- Enhance blood circulation using an oil massage. Oil massage helps an individual to reduce chemical toxins from a body.
- Practice yoga, exercise daily to enhance your immune system. It will help in relaxing the mind as well as your body.
- Take proper sleep. Usually, allergies cause stress so that an individual faces a problem in having proper sleep. But this can make the problem even more severe. Try to take proper sleep so that you can feel relaxed.
These are the things which are recommended in Ayurvedic Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis. Other than these, you should also look at what you are consuming or what you are not consuming.
Diet management according to Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, proper diet management is helpful in curing any kind of allergic rhinitis.
What to consume?
You should consume light food, lukewarm water. You should include organic food such as fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. You can also include less spicy food in your diet. Other than this, vegetable soup, legumes are also beneficial to get rid of allergic rhinitis.
What to avoid?
Yes, to avoid such allergic conditions, it is recommended you avoid some foods that can cause such allergic conditions. Avoid consuming too hot, too cold, fermented, sour food. Other than this, you should also avoid consuming non-vegetarian food, banana, yogurt, curd and much more.
You should also avoid alcohol and cold beverages to enhance your immune system.
Best Ayurvedic remedies for allergic rhinitis!!!
- At least for a year, avoid cold dairy foods such as yogurt, ice creams and all. However, you can consume very limited hot dairy products because dairy products tend to produce phlegm.
- Consume warm foods to get rid of allergic rhinitis. If your digestion is low, then consuming warm foods can help because if your digestive system is not able to digest food properly then this can produce toxins which a result in allergic conditions.
- Use neti pot for nasal irrigation to remove all the toxins presents there. You should do nasal irrigation at least twice a year and especially at times when the season changes.
- Practice yoga and Pranayama daily. Exercising helps you in improving your immune system so that you can safeguard yourself from any kind of seasonal allergies such as rhinitis.
These are the various ways to get rid of allergic rhinitis. Other than this, consuming warm foods can be helpful. You can rejuvenate your respiratory system using herbals such as basil or mint. So, from now don’t just try to get rid of health problems, you should also take care of your health and enhance your immune system.